Bradley Robb Tengler
Originally a native of rural Pennsylvania, I have lived in northern Illinois for the past 19 years. My experiences prior to being a lawyer largely shape my approach to the legal profession.
Before starting my own practice, I worked as a high school teacher, teaching English and Journalism. I also worked for a personal injury and worker's compensation law firm where I learned what it meant to be a conscientious and aggressive plaintiff's attorney.
I graduated from Northern Illinois University College of Law cum laude. While there, I served on Law Review, the law school's legal journal, as a staff member and an editor. I also participated in various Moot Court competitions, winning best petitioner's brief and 2nd best team in the College of Law's event. In addition, I participated in John Marshall's International Information Technology and Privacy Moot Court competition, winning 2nd best brief and making it to the quarter finals.
I have been admitted to the Bar in Illinois and the Federal General Bar of the Northern District of Illinois. I am also a member of the Winnebago County Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. I also write and publish articles in those areas of the law in which I concentrate, including divorce and personal injury.
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2010
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois
- J.D. cum laude - 2009
- Law Review: Northern Illinois University Law Review, Staff Member and Editor, 2007 - 2009
- Law Journal: Northern Illinois University's Legal Law Journal, Staff Member and Editor, 2007 - 2009
- Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, Illinois
- B.A. summa cum laude - 2002
- Major: English and Education
- Divorce and Shrinks - The Need for Professional Counseling, EzineArticles.com, 2011
- A Splitting of (Gray) Hairs, DuPage County Bar Journal, June, 2008
- Legal Seminars for Students & Administrators, 2010 - 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2009 - 2011
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2010 - 2011
Past Employment Positions
- English and Journalism, High School Teacher
Pro Bono Activities
- Prairie State Legal Services Volunteer Attorney, 2010 - 2011