Contested Divorce

Jul 21, 2021 | Divorce, Firm News

If you have lived in Illinois for at least 90 days, then you can file for divorce. The first step you must take is filing a petition for divorce in your county. The petition states that you want a divorce, and how you think matters such as division of property and parental responsibilities should be handled. If your spouse disagrees with content in the divorce papers, they can file papers stating their side. In this case, it becomes a contested divorce.