Divorce, Custody & Family Law
Handling Divorce, Custody, Family Law
Family law matters that involve things such as custody and support can put significant strain on a family. As you go through the legal process to resolve such matters, you want the benefit of knowing that a skilled attorney will be advocating for your interests.
At Law Office of Bradley R. Tengler, P.C. in Rockford, Illinois, we recognize the financial and emotional challenges that our clients face. We make it a priority to partner with our clients so we can fully understand their goals. Our divorce, custody and family law attorney is committed to providing highly individualized attention for clients as well as assertive advocacy.
WE OFFER COMPREHENSIVE FAMILY LAW ADVICE
A significant part of our practice is focused on family law matters. When working with our firm, you have the benefit of knowing that an experienced lawyer will be handling your situation. We represent clients in a wide range of matters, including:
- Divorce — Divorce can be straightforward or extremely complex depending on the number of assets involved and other factors. We are adept at handling all kinds of divorce and will work hard to help you bring your marriage to a swift and equitable conclusion.
- Maintenance (alimony) — Whether spousal maintenance, also known as alimony, will be awarded depends on several factors and will impact the rest of your divorce. We will work to make sure your interests are protected when it comes to maintenance.
- Child support — Child support is set by guidelines, but many other factors can influence an award. We will work to ensure that your children’s interests are represented.
- Child custody — Illinois no longer uses the terms child custody. Now parental responsibilities may be allocated between parents along with parenting time. We will explain how the new law works and advocate for what is in the best interests of you and your children.
SIGNIFICANT ASSET DIVORCE CONCERNS
- Protecting stock options — We help divorcing individuals protect their interests in stock options through skilled negotiation during property division.
- State and federal pension plans — We work with individuals to protect their interests in state and federal pension plans during divorce.
- Divorce for business owners — We are adept at handling business interests in divorce, including obtaining accurate business valuations.
- Real estate investments and vacation properties in divorce — We can help you address the many issues associated with handling real estate investments and vacation properties in divorce, including whether one party will keep the property or whether it will be sold.
- Hidden assets and offshore accounts — We are adept at helping individuals uncover hidden assets in divorce, including those located in offshore accounts.
OTHER FAMILY LAW MATTERS
- Adoption — Whether you are a stepparent looking to adopt a stepchild or a couple looking to complete your family through private adoption, we will guide you through the adoption process.
- Grandparent visitation — The key to obtaining grandparent visitation is to demonstrate that it is in the child’s best interests to have a relationship with his/her grandparent. We are skilled in handling grandparent visitation matters.
- Orders of protection — We can help you protect yourself when family matters escalate. We will work quickly to help you obtain protection.
- Guardianship — When a family member cannot look after his/her child, we can help you obtain a guardianship to ensure that the child’s needs are met.
- Division of retirement assets — Retirement accounts are one of your most important assets to look after. When you are divorcing, we will help protect your retirement assets.
- Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) cases — We help parents through DCFS matters. We try to help parents avoid foster care, but when custody has been revoked, we work to obtain visitation while the DCFS case is being resolved.
REACHING EFFECTIVE RESOLUTIONS FOR LEGAL MATTERS
Having a comprehensive understanding of the facts of a case helps us develop the most strategic approach to resolving the issue at hand. For family law matters, we attempt to resolve issues through mediation and negotiation. Reaching a resolution through mediation is in all parties’ best interests. We promote the use of counseling services and have resources available such as co-parenting classes. We will provide the information you and your family need to overcome the matter you are facing and move forward.
ALSO SERVING FREEPORT AND BELVIDERE — ALIMONY ATTORNEY
Initial consultations can be scheduled to meet your convenience. Our firm is in Rockford and we represent clients throughout Illinois. Please contact us at 815-515-4168 to arrange a free consultation.
Related Practice Areas
- Allocation-of-Parental Responsibilities
- Child Support
- Division of Retirement Assets
- Business Valuation-Divorce
- Divorce Stock Options
- Divorce And Real-estate Investments/
- Divorce Attorney For Hidden Assets And Offshore Accounts
- Divorce fo Business-Owners
- Vacation Property and Divorce/
- Grandparent Visitation
- Maintenance Alimony
- Orders of Protection