Law Office of Bradley R. Tengler, P.C.

Posts tagged "arrearage"

What Happens if I Fall Behind on Child Support Payments?

The Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) helps custodial parents obtain and enforce child support orders. DCSS services are provided free of charge. The DCSS has statutory authority to use special collection tools when noncustodial parents get behind in paying child support.

Unpaid child support: A crime in Illinois

Child support is often a vital issue in the case of spouses separating. In most divorces where children are involved, payments are usually made by one spouse to the other spouse who has custody of the child. These payments serve to provide basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter for the child, as well as medical expenses and education. It is very important that child support payments be made on the dates, and in the amounts, required by the judge. Failure to pay child support can have serious legal consequences. Here are some of the punishments one may face for unpaid child support.

Top 3 Divorce Lawyers in Rockford

Have a legal question?
Need help from an attorney?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Law Office of Bradley R. Tengler, P.C. 728 North Court Street, Suite B Rockford, IL 61103 Rockford Law Office Map