Law Office of Bradley R. Tengler, P.C.

Posts tagged "modification of child support"

Requesting an Upward Modification of Child Support

As a single parent, it is important to be aware of the laws surrounding child support, specifically concerning modification of payments. According to Illinois statute, custodial parents have the right to request an upward modification of child support from their ex, provided there is a "substantial change in circumstances." These requests are most often due to an increase in the income of the parent paying child support. If you are considering requesting a modification on the basis of an income change, the following describe the necessary actions to take in pursuance:

Modifying and Decreasing Your Child Support Payments - How to Plan

As the non-custodial parent, one may find himself needing to decrease his child support payments. A court's grant of this request can be rare; however, there are certain circumstances under which a request may be granted. Such circumstances often include the loss of a job or a change in salary outside of the child support paying parent's control. If you are wondering whether or not you qualify to request a decrease in child support and what steps to take next, consider the following.

Top 3 Divorce Lawyers in Rockford

Have a legal question?
Need help from an attorney?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Law Office of Bradley R. Tengler, P.C. 728 North Court Street, Suite B Rockford, IL 61103 Rockford Law Office Map